10 Jun Cybersecurity Threats and How to Protect Your Organization
The latest cybersecurity threats will always be there, but they should not give you sleepless nights. There are ways you can protect your organization from threats. Here are the cybersecurity threats and how to protect your organization against them.
Cloud Computing Threats
All data even those in the cloud is under threat. Thus, you should look for ways to prevent cloud security threats. Here are ways to keep your data in the cloud secure.
- Secure your data backup plan — make sure you have a secure backup to prevent permanent data loss.
- Encryption is vital — cloud encryption ensures your data are transformed with encryption algorithms.
- Educate employees — uneducated employees can be a security threat. Teaching your employees on defense practices will prevent cloud security threats.
New Social Engineering Scams
Social engineering involves tricking someone into enabling access to their data networks. An intruder can pose as an IT staff and request users to give their personal information such as passwords and usernames. Here are ways to avoid social engineering attacks.
- Check the source — Think about the source of the information by going to the official website and contact an official representative.
- Break the loop — Don’t give any information by clicking a link or through the phone. Communicate with the person with a different communication to check the credibility.
- Ask for ID — Make sure you check the name and the number of the person who is calling. If you don’t know the person who is asking for the information, then don’t give it out.
If you are receiving numerous spam text messages, you may be a victim of SMS phishing. In case you’ve ever given your number to a business in person or online, you may have lost your number in a data breach. Here is how to avoid SMS scams.
- Do not respond to messages
- Do not click on the link in the spam texts
- Use VPN to reduce the SMS phishing
A trusted employee who has a higher level of trust is an insider threat to the organization. The common insider threats are IT sabotage, fraud, espionage, and intellectual property theft. Here is how you can protect your company from insider threats.
- Educate your employees on common security threats
- Protect your infrastructure
- Implement controls efficient audits
Now you know how to keep your organization safe from cybersecurity threats. If you need IT services, then contact us.